Last week, I spoke to you about perspective and how seldom we take the time to really think about it.
We all have our ups and downs. It’s the nature of the beast. Some days we feel as though absolutely nothing else could possibly go wrong. Who else on earth could possibly be having as bad a day? Well, the next time you find yourself entertaining such thoughts, consider the following facts, and you just might be a little more appreciative of the life you’re leading.
- This morning, if you woke up healthy, then you are happier than the 1 million people that will not survive next week.
- If you never suffered a war, the loneliness of the jail cell, the agony of torture, or hunger, you are happier than 500 million people in the world.
- If you can enter into a church (mosque) without fear of jail or death, you are happier then 3 million people in the world.
- If there is food in your fridge, you have shoes and clothes, you have a bed and a roof, you are richer then 75% of the people in the world.
- If you have a bank account, money in your wallet and some coins in the money-box, you belong to the 8% of the people on the world, who are well-to-do.
- If you read this, you are twice blessed because:
- you aren’t one of the 200 million people that cannot read, and
- you have a computer!
As somebody once said:
– work as if you don’t need money,
– love as if you’ve never been hurt,
– dance, as if nobody can see you,
– sing, as if no one can hear,
– and live, as if the Earth was a heaven.