I think most would agree that, at this particular time, our country, our organizations, and our people are in dire need of true leadership. I’m afraid we’re in for bitter disappointment if we place our hopes and dreams in the hands of anyone currently in residence in Washington D.C. or our own state capitols. And that, of course, would include those running for office as well as those currently holding office.
In fact, it’s time we placed those coveted hopes and dreams in the hands of those you know can and will make a difference … the individuals who made this great country the best in the world. That would be the average citizen … you, your friends and neighbors, and those you work with. It’s time for each and every one of us to take action.
Consider the fantastic outcomes that would emerge if we’d all make the decision to take action in the spirit of making a difference. We can certainly do exactly that by taking the following Three Steps to Success.
- Dig deep to tap your resources and hidden potential! (Everyone has untapped potential!)
- Step up! (Volunteer, take a risk, expand your comfort zone, get involved!)
- Speak out! (Offer original ideas, alternatives, ask for assistance, inspire!)
- Contribute! (Ideas, time, money, effort, resources, creativity, support!) And most importantly …
- Take action! (Don’t procrastinate, no committees, do it now!)
- Walk the talk! (Practice what you preach, do what you say you’re going to do!)
- C.A.N.I.! (Continuous And Never-ending Improvement … capitalize on your strength and strengthen your weaknesses regularly!)
- Close the Knowing-Doing Gap! (Apply your education, experience, creativity, enthusiasm and positive attitude! It’s not enough to simply possess these attributes!
MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Still need inspiration? Consider what may happen if we, as individuals, don’t take action!