I want to keep this short and to the point in hopes that it will sink in. I’m going to tell you something that is truly hard to believe! The sad truth is the fact that very few people will read this message for the following reasons.
- Those who should be reading this will never see these words for the simple reason that it takes action to do so.
- Those not included above are too busy making things happen to take the time to read this. Thankfully, this group doesn’t need to hear this message because they’re living it.
There are those in today’s business world who take great pride and joy in the fact that they can call themselves a CEO, President, V.P., Supervisor, etc. These people are sitting comfortably at their desks waiting for the phone to ring or a knock on the door bringing in much-needed business to survive this much publicized recession. Those people will not survive the recession.
The next few quotes support the message that you must take action if you want to see results. Heaven help those sitting at their desk waiting for the phone to ring! Do something!
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” ~ Karen Lamb
- “The key to getting ahead is getting started.” ~ Agatha Christie
- “ACTION is the foundational key to all success.” ~ Picasso
- “We have a strategic ‘plan.’ It’s called doing something.” ~ Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines
- “This is so simple it sounds stupid, but it is amazing how few oil people really understand that YOU ONLY FIND OIL IF YOU DRILL WELLS! You may think you’re finding it when you’re drawing maps and studying logs but you have to drill!” ~ John Masters, Canadian wildcatter, from his book, The Hunters.