I hope some of the data provided in Part I of “The Miracle of You” may have opened your mind to the tremendous potential you posses and the unlimited possibilities which await you. If you missed that first article, take a moment now to look it over before going on.
Now let’s take a look at even more great news.
- Even though you may consciously forget more than 90% of what you learn during your lifetime, your brain will store 10 times more information than can be found in the 20-million volumes within the Library of Congress!
- There are at least several trillion hard-working cells inside you, some so small that it takes 250 of them placed side-by-side to equal the diameter of the period at the end of this sentence.
- No single scientific instrument has been developed yet that is as sensitive to the light as is your eye. In the dark, the sensitivity increases 100,000 times so that your naked eye is able to see a faint glow, which is less than a thousandth the brightness of a candle’s flame, yet it can see the light from stars, the nearest of which is 25 billion miles away!
- Your ears are as much acoustic marvels as your eyes are optic phenomenons. The inner ear can detect 15,000 different tones. Not only do these ears perform hearing, they control your equilibrium as well.
- Your heart beats an average of 75 times a minute, 40 million times a year: that’s nearly three billion times in a lifetime! At each beat, the average adult heart discharges about 4 ounces of blood, nearly 3,000 gallons a day, and 650,000 gallons a year: enough to fill more than 81 gasoline tank trucks! Your heart does enough work in one hour to lift an average-sized man to the top of a three-story building, creates enough energy in 12 hours to lift a 65-ton tank one foot off the ground and generates enough power in a lifetime to lift the largest battleship completely out of the water!
Feel important? Feel amazed? Feel obligated to appreciate, pamper, and care for those astonishing gifts you’ve been blessed with? Can you honestly say that you’re living up to the extraordinary potential you possess? Whether you realize it or not, you are an amazing person! You are important! You have great value!
Can you imagine how much stress and worry could be removed from your life by realizing your true importance? Worry comes from the belief that you are powerless. You are not powerless. You are here for a reason. You possess more than enough natural intelligence and ability within you to reach any goal you want to achieve.
If you had been exposed to these facts at a young age, would it have made a difference in your self-image and your attitude toward your ability to reach your personal goals? Is there someone you know right now that might benefit from realizing how important they really are? If so, consider the priceless gift you provide to them by taking five minutes out of your busy day to sit and share this information?
Start today. Make a difference in your own life as well as the lives of others. Live up to your potential! You’ll never regret it!
About Harry K. Jones
Harry K. Jones is a motivational speaker and consultant for AchieveMax®, Inc., a company of professional speakers who provide custom-designed seminars, keynote presentations, and consulting services. Harry's top requested topics include change management, customer service, creativity, employee retention, goal setting, leadership, stress management, teamwork, and time management. For more information on Harry's presentations, please call 800-886-2629 or fill out our contact form.