In today’s chaotic environment, limiting this list to just ten reasons may seem a bit restrictive. I say that because our enthusiastic media is kind enough to provide us with dozens of reasons every day. Listed below are the TOP TEN reasons you should delay that critical pursuit of what you consider to be success.
No, your eyes aren’t deceiving you. There is absolutely NO reason why you should delay pursuing your success … regardless of how that may be defined for you personally.
While many others may provide you with dozens of what they may call good reasons, you don’t have to accept any of them … and certainly shouldn’t.
In fact, it’s much easier and more productive to create a list of reasons why you SHOULDN’T delay that life-changing pursuit. Let’s face it — You aren’t getting any younger! Are you willing to wait for the possibility that things may get better soon? Take action! Close that knowing-doing gap.
There IS a strategy that will help you do just that. We cover it in great detail in our goal-setting seminar, On Your Mark, Get Set, Goal! Below you’ll find a brief outline of those crucial Dynamic Dozen steps that will guide you in your pursuit of success!
- Desire (no true desire = no pursuit)
- Belief (essential for success)
- Write it down (programming your subconscious)
- Determine benefits (WIIFMs – “What’s In It For Me”)
- Analyze present position (essential for developing journey to desired destination)
- Set deadlines (critical discipline)
- Identify obstacles (to develop strategy to overcome them)
- Clearly define needed knowledge (required for strategy application)
- Clearly identify people, groups and organizations you’ll need (network strength)
- Visualize your goal as accomplished (see it to believe it)
- Create a strategy (based on previous 10 steps)
- Make it happen with determination and persistence (close the knowing-doing gap)
Now begin your pursuit and make 2011 the foundational year that leads to the success you seek!
About Harry K. Jones
Harry K. Jones is a motivational speaker and consultant for AchieveMax®, Inc., a company of professional speakers who provide custom-designed seminars, keynote presentations, and consulting services. Harry's top requested topics include change management, customer service, creativity, employee retention, goal setting, leadership, stress management, teamwork, and time management. For more information on Harry's presentations, please call 800-886-2629 or fill out our contact form.