It’s been known forever that the key to success is to change your actions.
It’s also common knowledge that the key to changing your actions is to change your thinking.
Of course, it’s obvious that the key to changing your thinking is to put new and positive information in your mind.
By taking one hour per day for independent study, seven hours per week, 365 hours in a year, you can learn at the rate of a full-time student. In three to five years, you can become an expert in the topic of your choice, by spending only one hour per day.
Another important element in broadening your horizons is knowing the best resources for finding your new and positive information. We’re indeed fortunate today that we can access a vast array of information within seconds without ever leaving our desks. Newspapers and magazines can now be read online, saving a great deal of time, money and energy in today’s busy world. Search engines can quickly provide us with vast amounts of accurate information within seconds, and wire services constantly update critical information from all corners of the world.
While these resources are critical to broadening our horizons and enhancing our organizations, we must, of course, close the knowing-doing gap by utilizing each and every resource available to us. Listed below are just a few resources you may want to copy and post in a convenient location.
- Business Week – www.businessweek.com
- Fortune – money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/
- Forbes – www.forbes.com
- Fast Company – www.fastcompany.com
- Money – money.cnn.com
- Inc. – www.inc.com
- Time – www.time.com/time/
- Newsweek – www.newsweek.com
- US News & World Report – www.usnews.com
- Harvard Business Review Magazine – hbr.harvardbusiness.org
- Business 2.0 Magazine – money.cnn.com/magazines/business2/
- Entrepreneur Magazine – www.entrepreneur.com
- USA Today – www.usatoday.com
- Wall Street Journal – www.wsj.com
News Wires Online
- The Associated Press Wire (AP) – www.ap.org
- United Press International (UPI) – www.upi.com
- Reuters – thomsonreuters.com
- Bloomberg – www.bloomberg.com/index.html?Intro=intro3
- strategy + business – www.strategy-business.com
- 20SEARCH – www.20search.com
- Alta Vista – www.altavista.com
- AOL Search – search.aol.com
- Ask – www.ask.com
- Dogpile – www.dogpile.com
- Excite – www.excite.com
- Gigablast – www.gigablast.com
- Google – www.google.com
- Joeant – www.joeant.com
- Lycos – search.lycos.com
- MSN – www.msn.com
- Webcrawler – www.crawler.com
- Yahoo – www.yahoo.com
About Harry K. Jones
Harry K. Jones is a motivational speaker and consultant for AchieveMax®, Inc., a company of professional speakers who provide custom-designed seminars, keynote presentations, and consulting services. Harry's top requested topics include change management, customer service, creativity, employee retention, goal setting, leadership, stress management, teamwork, and time management. For more information on Harry's presentations, please call 800-886-2629 or fill out our contact form.